Exhibition Participation Terms & Conditions
Note: The terms below are legal and in continuation to the main page of the application/ contract submitted by the exhibitor. The conditions will also apply when the application/contract is submitted by Fax or email. Please read the terms below carefully:
- Under these rules and regulations, the term “Exhibitor” shall include employees and agents of any company, partnership, firm or individual to whom space has been allocated for the purpose of exhibiting. The term “Exhibition” shall mean the exhibition (s) referred to on the form overleaf. The term “Organizers” shall mean Africa Business Forum. The term “Contract” means the contract or application of exhibition space at the exhibition between the Organizers and the Exhibitor, which incorporates the rules and regulations.
- Application must contain details of the proposed exhibits and name of any other company represented by the exhibitor. The exhibitor has no right to share or sell his stand to a third party without prior written permission from the organizer.
- Exhibitors have the right to claim any/all amounts paid towards their participation if the exhibition is cancelled/ postponed for more than 365 days. Natural calamities and other reasons beyond the organizer’s control however will be considered as an exception.
- The organizers reserve the right to accept or refuse any application without disclosing to the exhibitor any reasons thereof.
- Payment should be made when due (as per the invoice) or the organizers reserve the right to relocate the stand and retain any amount already paid.
- The organizers are not responsible for any change/ delay in stand /flight/ venue/ cargo/ hotel reservations/ facilities/ equipment/floor plan/stand location. No Exhibitors may refuse the space allotted to them nor for any of the above reasons cancel their participation. The organizers will also accept no responsibility for the breakdown of any service or for the postponement of the opening of the event or for any interruption in the open period. No compensations will be made by the organizer for any such reasons.
- The exhibitor will totally be responsible for the cost of restoring to its original condition, any part of the stand, structure or furniture occupied or leased by it which had been altered or in anyway.
- Exhibitors are entitled to exhibit only the announced products. Unauthorized exhibits will be taken away at the exhibitor’s risk. Items may not be exhibited outside the rented space. The exhibitor must man the stand with competent personnel at all times and is also fully responsible for the cleaning, both inside and outside of his space. The exhibitor must not close their stand during the exhibition hours. The organizers reserve the right to cancel the participation, remove the exhibits and restrict entry of an exhibitor who does not maintain decorum in the exhibition by misbehaving, canvassing and provoking a dispute at any time without making any refunds or compensations. Any complaints during the exhibition will only be accepted in writing to be submitted at the reception or organizers office only.
- The organizers reserve the right to remove any exhibits or promotion material found inappropriate, misleading, political, or contradictory to the host country’s law without making compensation. Any special promotions by the exhibitor inside or outside his stand must also be pre-approved by the organizers.
- Exhibitor must bear the responsibility and expenses for the transport of exhibits and from the Exhibition venue. Exhibitors shall make their own arrangements or pay for the storage and warehousing of their exhibits, in & outside the venue. The exhibitor must pay transportation, custom duty, VAT, custom bond, , clearing and forwarding charges & all expenses involved with the concerned authorities before receiving the goods at the exhibition centre. Without prior authorization from the organizers, no article maybe removed from a stand during and after the exhibition without a written approval from the organizer. Exhibitors shall remove all exhibits from the Exhibition within the period stipulated by the organizer and shall indemnify the organizers against any loss or reason of delay or damage to the Exhibition hall. The Exhibitors will be responsible in shipping their exhibitions goods in time and ensuring that the exhibits are ready for display, at least one day before the commencement of the exhibition. The organizers will not be held responsible, if the said exhibition goods will not reach the Exhibition venue in time due to any reason. The exhibitors shall not be entitled to any claim or any compensation in connection with such events. The organizers refer cargo and tourism agents only to assist the exhibitors without taking any responsibility.
- The organizers have the right to modify the duration, venue, title, or dates of the Exhibition or the opening and closing times thereof. Exhibitors shall not be entitled to any claim or compensation in connection with such modifications. If rates for hotels, air ticket, accessories, or any other products/services offered by a third party changes even after invoicing, the exhibitor is liable to pay the difference. Travel & Accommodation packages are on a special rate provided by appointed travel agents. Hotel reservations and air ticket cancellations should be confirmed / cancelled at least 30 days prior to the exhibition’s date of opening. Reservations not paid for in time could be cancelled without prior notification. The organizers reserve the right on making g any decision regarding refunds on hotel rooms and air ticket cancellations by the exhibitor.
- The organizers shall not be responsible for unapproved visas and will not entertain any claims in this regard. The organizers shall allocate the space in accordance with the nature of exhibits or any manner they may deem fit.
- All services provided by organizer are non-transferable to any third party.
- If cancellation is made in less than 80 days before the exhibition, no amount will be refunded to the exhibitor. Exhibitors are wholly responsible for the safety of their exhibits, of themselves and their delegates, their employees and of the public when on their stands. The organizers will not take any responsibility for the loss or damage howsoever caused to any exhibitor or the property of exhibitor. The exhibitor is to take out insurance to cover for the purpose. The exhibitor and the exhibiting company is liable to pay to any hotel, custom, or other unpaid bills by their delegates in their host country. The organizer reserves the right to retain goods or property of the exhibitor for compensating any balance payments.
- All new decisions/ rules made should be acceptable by participants.
- Force Majeure: The jurisdiction of Ethiopia will be law to approach in case of any dispute unable to settle mutually between the Exhibitors and the organizers. The organizers cannot accept any complaint or claim against them, unless submitted in writing within two weeks of the closing date of the exhibition to: email@example.com/ Fax: +251 116 356 129