AfricaBusinessForum.com – New Africa | New Opportunities | New Frontiers
AfricaBusinessForum.com and sister website AfricaGlobalTrade.com was founded in 2014. An African led organization, by Africans promoting Africa. Our aim is to strengthen ties between the business world and one of the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing regions. Creating partnerships that will promote trade, accelerate job growth, and encourage investment. Africa Business Forum is home to a global community of 10,000+ professionals, 20,000+ international companies, 60,000+ social media followers and 10 million website visitors. With 3 offices: London, Dubai and Addis Ababa. Representative partners in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Somalia, Angola, South Africa and Nigeria.
- AfricaBusinessForum.com and sister website AfricaGlobalTrade.com was founded in 2014.
- We hold regular Africa Business Forum Conferences and Trade Expo’s every 6 months in partnership with a number of government entities attended by CEO’s, Entrepreneur ‘s, senior management, Importers and Exporters seeking opportunities in Africa.
- We organize regular trade missions and high level Investment meetings in Dubai and Addis Ababa attended by the top CEO’s in East Africa.
- 3 offices: London, Dubai and Addis Ababa. Representative partners in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Somalia, Angola, South Africa and Nigeria.
- Online Interaction with our 10,000+ global members of AfricaBusinessForum.com.
- We promote our 20,000+ registered companies in our business directory and portal AfricaGlobalTrade.com.
- We regularly engage with our social media reach of 60,000+ followers including Facebook and twitter.
- 10 million Internet visitors to our sites per month with a target population of 1 billion people in Africa.
- We work in partnership with the International Business Protection division of the Dubai Economic Department of the Dubai Government.
- We are partners for one of the worlds fastest growing Free-zones in the UAE (Ajman Freezone) 14,000 companies. Providing advice on setting up business within the UAE (Tax-free status, 100% ownership, International banking and UAE residency).
- We have been featured throughout Africa on newspapers, websites, BBC interviews and IDG Connect (IDG is the world’s largest technology media company).
Why Africa and Ethiopia?
- Africa is undergoing dramatic change. As many developed countries economies slowly recover from the economic downturn, Africa provides exceptional growth, innovation and expansion.
- Africa is the world’s next great economic success story with Africa’s growth expected to reach above five percent in 2016, the continent is now home to six of the ten fastest growing economies in the world.
- In 2000 GDP was $331 billion. By 2012 it quadrupled to $1.3 trillion and the IMF estimate it to reach $1.9 trillion by 2018.
- Africa’s advantages include vast untapped resources including Oil, Gas, Gold, Agriculture and precious metals.
- Foreign investment in key sectors such as Energy, Consumer goods & services, Telecoms and Infrastructure.
- Ethiopia has averaged 10.7% average GDP growth over the past decade and is ranked as the 5th fastest growing economy in Africa.
- Ethiopia’s 90 million population is set to double within the next 2 decades. Ethiopia is the 2nd most populous nation in Africa after Nigeria.
- Article: Ethiopia – one of Africa’s best kept secrets
Founder and Chairman – AfricaBusinessForum.com & AfricaGlobalTrade.com
Rashed Ahmed represents the new breed of African entrepreneurs, driven by new challenges and a desire to excel in all endeavors. The new voice of the educated African diaspora ready to disrupt the status quo of doing business being in Africa. From London based in Dubai, his vision is to build a global community of informed business leaders and change the perception of doing business in Africa. To highlight the business successes across Africa and AfricaBusinessForum.com to become the leading business portal to encourage trade and investment in Africa. He has served as Regional Head of Business Management for the Consulting division of one of the worlds top 5 Telecommunications companies working extensively with Governments and National state owned entities throughout the Middle-East and Africa (Etisalat, Ethio Telecom, Zain, Du etc.) over the past 10 years. He sits on the board of directors of the London Institute of Project Management, has 2 masters degrees from the UK and US and was educated in the top 3 ranked UK universities as well as the George Washington School of Business.
East Africa Director for AfricaBusinessForum.com
Mohammed Yousuf has over 20 years experience in the B2B, logistics and Advertising sectors. A highly skilled individual steering commercial discipline, client relationship management, value engineering, training and deployment, resulting in organizational improvements along with developing the capability of professional team members across multiple geographies. An ambitious professional with passion for marketing and communications strategy with experience including working with Business Professionals and the Government sectors throughout East Africa and the Middle East.
- East African Hope & Potential: Multi-Nationals, Entrepreneurs & the African Diaspora Are Ready to Shake Up the Region (IDG).
- Ethiopian Business Report (IDG).
- International Data Group (IDG) is the world’s leading technology media, events and research company. Since its founding, IDG’s mission has been to provide information on information technology to a global audience. Today, IDG products and services reach 280 million technology buyers in 97 countries. IDG Communications’ global media brands include ChannelWorld®, CIO®, Computerworld®, GamePro®, InfoWorld®, Macworld®, Network World®, PCWorld®, TechHive® and Techworld®. IDG’s media network features 460 websites, 200 mobile sites and apps, and 179 print titles spanning business technology, consumer technology, digital entertainment and video games worldwide.