5th Africa Business Forum – 01 Mar 2017 at the 5-star venue, the Sheraton Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, East Africa.
We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to an Exclusive Business Event on Wednesday 01 Mar 2017 at the 5-star venue, the Sheraton Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, East Africa. The conference has become one of the most important bi-annual gatherings in Africa and the Middle East. The event is held under the Patronage of Saudi Sheikh Mohammed Al Amoudi. One of the largest investors in Africa, Forbes ranked billionaire and Ethiopia’s biggest employer. Join Africa’s largest network of CEO’s.
The Africa Business Forum focuses on offering international companies considerable opportunities to enter and become successful in one of the fastest growing economies in the world in the areas of – Finance & Capital Investment, ICT, Agriculture & Mining, Power & Energy, Consumer Goods & General Trade, Logistics & Aviation, Infrastructure, Tourism, Hospitality & Real Estate, Manufacturing and all related industries.
The event provides a unique platform to showcase the latest products and services to the booming African markets. Register and participate to access key business professionals, CEO’s, Entrepreneurs, Government officials, Exporters, Buyers and Sellers. Our aim is to strengthen ties between the business world and one of the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing regions. Creating partnerships that will promote trade, accelerate job growth, and encourage investment. An opportunity to maximize market share by building connections with African customers and partners.
AfricaBusinessForum.com is home to a global community of 10,000+ professionals, 20,000+ international companies, 60,000+ social media followers and 10 million website visitors. Connect, network and meet with the right people to make your business grow in Africa. We also encourage you to become a member of our business community on www.AfricaGlobalTrade.com.
Visit AfricaBusinessForum.com to register online. No tickets available at the venue. Limited seats available, register early to avoid disappointment. Email email@example.com or call +97145147386 (Dubai), +251935402526 (Addis Ababa) or +442081440159 (London) for more information or for speaker enquiries. Refreshments and food will be provided.
Conference Brochure can be downloaded here: Africa Business Forum 01 March 2017 Brochure.
Official Airline Partner Emirates Airline: For special discounts for GCC passengers, see the following link: Emirates exclusive offer for Africa Business Forum
Program for Wednesday 01 March 2017 – Sheraton Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, East Africa:
- H.E. Dr. Mebratu Meles – State Minister of the Ethiopian Ministry of Trade – Ethiopia Government.
- Abebe Abebayehu – Deputy Commissioner of the Ethiopian Investment Commission – Ethiopia Government.
- Zemedeneh Negatu – Founder of EY (Ernest & Young) Ethiopia and Global Chairman of Fairfax Africa Fund, LLC (U.S.), and among “The Top 15 CEOs of Africa to watch in 2015″ by the London-based African Business magazine. Fairfax is a $200 million U.S. based investment firm which invests in high growth emerging markets especially Africa.
- H.E. Mr. Ghazi Abdulla Binashoor Almahri – Ambassador – Embassy of the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- H.E. Mr. Abdulaziz Sultan Al Rumaihi, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the State of Qatar to Ethiopia (Qatar)
- Mr. Munir Adem Commercial Attache, of the State of Qatar to Ethiopia (Qatar)
- H.E. Mr. Andreas Gaarder – Ambassador, Norway Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. (Norway)
- H.E. Mr. Fatih Ulusoy – Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey to Ethiopia and Permanent Representative to AU. (Turkey)
- H.E. Catherine Mwangi – Ambassador , Kenya Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. (Kenya)
- H.E. Naimi S.H. Aziz – Ambassador, Tanzania Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. (Tanzania)
- H.E. Asghar Ali Golo – Ambassador – Pakistan Embassy (Ethiopia)
- H.E. Dr. Denys Toscano Amores – Ambassador of Ecuador to Ethiopia / Permanent Observer to the African Union – Embassy of Ecuador
- H.E Dr. Mebrahtu Meles – State Minister – Ministry of Industry (Ethiopia)
- Yohannes Tilahun – Former CEO to General Electric (Ethiopia) and Adviser to the commissioner at Ethiopian Investment Commission.
- Hussain Bin Jama Al Ishaqi – Acting CEO of Oman Oil. (Oman)
- Haddis Tadesse – Deputy Director for Africa and African Union representative at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- John Small – Chief Executive Officer of the Eastern Africa Association (UK)
- Mohamud Kasil – General Manager, Covestro Middle East (formerly Bayer’s $12.3 billion materials science division). (UAE)
- Rob Withagen – Managing Director & Co Founder – Asoko Insight. (UK)
- Zekarias Amsalu – Director, Ethiopia Operations – Asoko Insight. (Ethiopia)
- Jari Matero – Senior Investment Manager at Finnfund. (Finland)
- Gianluigi Esposito – Managing Partner – AEM Carnelutti Law. (Italy/US)
- Mohamoud Dualeh – Head of Products at Alizz islamic bank (Oman).
- Attorney N. Jude (Jay) Menes – President, Meneslaw Konsult & Europlaw. (USA)
- Joachim Yebouet – Chief Executive Officer – East African Tiger Brands Industries. (Ethiopia)
- Sjors Jansen – Managing Partner – ATRAXX Capital Partners. (Netherlands)
- Sean Keough – Managing Director – Ethiopia Investments. (Ethiopia)
- Vijaykumar Muthukrishnan – Head of Exports – Oman Oil Marketing Company. (Oman)
- Yamini Virani – Founder – Celebrus Business Strategies. (USA)
- Rachel Griffith – Business Development – Celebrus Business Strategies. (USA)
- Mahamoud Dualeh – Head of Products – Alizz Islamic Bank. (Oman)
- Samson Eshetu Mekonnen – President – SNS Global Pharma Corporation (USA)
- Halley Teklehaimanot – General Manager – Halley Architecture (Ethiopia)
- Jinghao Lu – Market Leader – Honeywell (Kenya)
- Yilma Abebe – Corporate Relation Manager – East African Tiger Brands Industries (Ethiopia)
- Dahir Hussain – Head of Finance for East Africa, Ericsson (UAE)
- Sevag Parounakian – Managing Partner – Pro Invest Ethiopia (Ethiopia)
- Tarig Obeid Medani – Agent – Cetis D.D (Sudan)
- Godfrey A.E. Odudigbo – Charge d’ Affairs – Embassy of Nigeria (Ethiopia)
- Tekleab Kebede Aregawi – Head of Dubai Chamber Int. Office – Dubai Chamber (Ethiopia)
- Stephan Wandt – First Secretary Head of the Economic Department – Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany (Ethiopia)
- Orlin Manuel Cepeda – Head of Consular Section / Charge d’ Affairs – Embassy of Ecuador(Ethiopia)
- Alex Endeshaw – Director – Renaissance Capital (UK)
- Dr. Fikru Deksisa – Economic Analyst – Embassy of the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Hossam Bassiouni – Third Secretary – Egypt Embassy (Ethiopia)
- Ali Diab – CEO – Nas Foods PLC (Ethiopia)
- Dr. Ahmed Badr – First Secretary – Egypt Embassy (Ethiopia)
- Haregewoin Tesfaye – Secretary – Egypt Embassy (Ethiopia)
- Dina Munir – Secretary – Egypt Embassy(Ethiopia)
- Teddy Worku – CEO Atcom Solution PLC(Ethiopia / UK)
- Etse-Hiwot Girma – Managing Director – EG Consulting (Ethiopia)
- Anbesaw Serebe – Senior investment Promotion Offices – Ethiopian Investment Commission (Ethiopia)
- Abebe Abebayehu – Deputy Commissioner – Ethiopian Investment Commission (Ethiopia)
- Maleda Bisrat – Senior Advisor – Ethiopian Investment Commission (Ethiopia)
- Nasreen Adem – Advisor Ethiopian Investment Commission (Ethiopia)
- Yodit Tewabe Tsegaye – Assitant Trade Analyst – ICE (Italian Trade Agency) (Ethiopia)
- Girmachew Admasse – CEO – Fairfax Technologies (Ethiopia)
- Yonathan Shibru – Business Development Manager – Fairfax Technologies (Ethiopia)
- Azariah Mengistu – International Sales Director – C62 Media (Ethiopia)
- Amanuel Mekuria Jima – General Manager – Yabonesh Hailu PLC (Ethiopia)
- Hailu Mekuria Saifu – Guest of C62 Media (Ethiopia)
- Robel Seido Abdela – Managing Director – RJ Trading PLC (Ethiopia)
- Amare Wossene Amare – General Manager – Aqua Safe Waters (Ethiopia)
- Buruk Beyebe – Managing Director & Owner – BBM Business PLC (Ethiopia)
- Melaku Kinfrgebreal – General Manager – Noble Consultant (Ethiopia)
- Marina ABIE – Deputy Head of the Economic Department – Embassy of France in Ethiopia and to the African Union (France / Ethiopia)
- Batuael Buzuayehu – Sr. Executive Director – East African Tiger Brands Industries PLC (Ethiopia)
- James Kanagwa – Country Representative – Ecobank (Ethiopia)
- Rik Spruyt – CEO – Crosstrades (China)
- Abdu Sala – Journalist – AAMM (Ethiopia)
- Estifanos Samuel – Managing Director – Ethiopia Investment Consulting (Ethiopia)
- Sameer Al-Hubaishi – Business Analyst & Development / COO – Ethio.C. / Zcholar (Ethiopia)
- Aman Assefa – Lawyer – Aman Assefa Law Office (Ethiopia)
- Bahakal Abate – Lawyer – Aman Assefa Law Office (Ethiopia)
- Rolina Negussie – Advisor – BDO Consulting PLC (Ethiopia)
- Niat Asrat – Senior Consultant – BDO Consulting PLC (Ethiopia)
- Tedros Abreham – Managing Director – CLS Logistics (Ethiopia)
- Eyerusalem Kebede – General Manager – (Ethiopia)
- Abebe Abebayehu – Deputy Commissioner – Ethiopian Investment Commision (Ethiopia)
- Yonas Teka – CEO – Bold Grids (Ethiopia)
- Anis Abdulkarim – Managinr Partner (Ethiopia)
- Sara Yirga – Guest (Ethiopia)
- Meron Tesfaye – Guest (Ethiopia)
- Dagmawi Eyasu – Guest (Ethiopia)
- And many more…
09.00 – 9.30 Arrival & registration of event participants.
09.30 – 10.00 Welcome Address and Opening.
- Governmental Speaker – H.E. Dr. Mebratu Meles – State Minister of the Ethiopian Ministry of Trade – Ethiopia Government.
- Governmental Speaker – Abebe Abebayehu – Deputy Commissioner of the Ethiopian Investment Commission – Ethiopia Government.
- Keynote Speaker – Zemedeneh Negatu – Country Managing Partner for EY (Ernest & Young) Ethiopia, and among “The Top 15 CEOs of Africa to watch in 2015″ by the London-based African Business magazine.
- Welcome by Rashed Y Ahmed – Founder & Chairman of Africa Business Forum and Young African Entrepreneur 2016.
10.00 – 10.45 Business Leaders Panel Session 1- Finance and Capital Investment opportunities in Africa.
The efficiency and sophistication of the development of the industrialization within Africa will be critical to sustaining economic development and growth in the region. Hear personal insights from leading financial services professionals and businessmen with interests and investments in Africa to learn about how the financial services industry has evolved and the direction in which it is heading optimize the investment opportunities in Africa.
- Mr Yohannes Tilahun – Former CEO to General Electric (Ethiopia) and Adviser to the commissioner at Ethiopian Investment Commission.
- John Small – CEO, The Eastern Africa Association.
- Rob Withagen – Managing Director & Co-Founder of Asoko Insight
- Mohamoud Dualeh – Head of Products at Alizz islamic bank (Oman).
10.45 – 11.00 Morning networking coffee break.
11.00 – 11.45 Business Leaders Panel Session 2 – Agriculture, Energy, Manufacturing, Mining and Livestock opportunities in Africa.
What are the existing and future opportunities in Africa? What’s next for Africa? The aim of this section is to analyze Natural Resource Exports driving Africa’s Growth to 2020 and beyond
- Hussain Bin Jama Al Ishaqi – Acting CEO of Oman Oil (Oman).
- Haddis Tadesse – Deputy Director for Africa and the Country Representative for Ethiopia and the African Union at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Sjors Jansen – Managing Partner, ATRAXX Capital Partners – A private equity firm which is preparing to launch its first fund during this year, with a target close in 2018 on USD 100 million.
11.45 – 12.00 Business to Business Networking Meetings.
12.00 – 13.45 Business to Business networking and lunch. Industry specific Face to Face meetings.
- In order to facilitate additional networking opportunities at the Africa Business Forum, we are making space available during the conference for participants to network with other businessmen and women from the same sectors. These sessions are usually highly interactive, informal and informative addressing key interests and issues.
14.00 – 14.45 Business Leaders Panel Session 3 – IT, Telecom and Infrastructure opportunities in Africa
Bridging the infrastructure gap is essential to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. This forum will allow for a greater range of voices as we bridge infrastructure and capacity gaps, particularly in challenging environments. Furthermore, it will highlight opportunities for investment and cooperation that are environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
- Mr. Gianluigi Esposito – Managing Partner for AEM Carnelutti Law.
- Mr. Sean Keough- Managing Director & Head of Investments at Ethiopia Investments Limited.
- Teddy Worku – CEO, Atcom Solutions (Ethiopia).
14.45 – 15.15 ABF 2017 Partner Awards presentations.
15.15 – 16.30 Business to Business Networking Meetings over afternoon coffee and Closing.
- In order to facilitate additional networking opportunities at the Africa Business Forum, we are making space available during the conference for participants to network with others businessmen and women from the same sectors. These sessions are usually highly interactive, informal and informative addressing key interests and issues.
20.00 Optional Black-tie Evening Reception at the Sheraton Hotel ( Self sponsored , not part of official program )
Special Guests that attended on 01 June 2016 (200+ attendees):