4th Africa Business Forum – Wed 1st June 2016 Supported by MIDROC, one of the largest companies in Africa and Ethiopia’s biggest employer, owned by Sheikh Mohammed Al Amoudi.
The Africa Business Forum focuses on offering international companies considerable opportunities to enter and become successful in one of the fastest growing economies in the world in the areas of finance and capital investment; infrastructure, logistics and import/export; power and energy; agriculture, mining and livestock; consumer goods; ICT and many other related Industries.
Connect, network and meet with the right people to make your business grow in Africa. Register and participate to access key business professionals, CEO’s, Entrepreneurs, Government officials, Exporters, Buyers and Sellers. Our aim is to strengthen ties between the business world and one of the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing regions. Creating partnerships that will promote trade, accelerate job growth, and encourage investment.
THANK YOU FOR OVER 200 GUESTS ON WED 1st JUNE 2016:
Program for Wednesday 1st June 2016:
09.30 – 10.00 Welcome Address and Opening
- Moderator and host Miss Meti Yilma, journalist and radio presenter based in Addis Ababa.
- Welcome address Founder & Director of AfricaBusinessForum.com, Rashed Ahmed.
- Keynote Speaker – Zemedeneh Negatu – Country Managing Partner for EY Ethiopia, and among “The Top 15 CEOs of Africa to watch in 2015″ by the London-based African Business magazine.
- Keynote Speaker – Craig Bridgman – Executive Chairman of East Africa Oil Field Services and Founder of Adamantine Energy (Kenya & Dubai).
10.00 – 10.45 Business Leaders Session I – Finance and Capital Investment opportunities in Africa
B2B discussion Panel: The efficiency and sophistication of the financial systems within Africa will be critical to sustaining economic development and growth in the region. Hear personal insights from leading financial services professionals and businessmen with interests and investments in Africa to learn about how the financial services industry has evolved and the direction in which it is heading:
- Yohannes Tilahun – Former CEO to General Electric (Ethiopia) and Adviser to the commissioner at Ethiopian Investment Commission. (Presenter).
- James R Kanagwa – Country CEO at ECOBANK, world-class Pan-African bank (Ethiopia). (Panelist)
- Mohamud Kasil Ali – Managing Director, Middle East, North East Africa & Pakistan, Covestro (Germany). (Panelist)
- Sehul Truesew – Precise Consult International, Director financial Services. (Panelist)
10.45 – 11.00 Morning coffee break.
11.00 – 11.45 Business Leaders Session II – Business Leaders Panel Session II – ICT, Infrastructure, logistics, export/import opportunities in Africa.
B2B discussion Panel: What are the ICT Achievements and challenges in Africa to support Africa’s growth and development and to take full advantage of the huge investments in ICT connectivity and innovation ?Infrastructure remains a major obstacle towards Africa achieving its full economic growth potential. With Africa seen as one of the world’s fastest growing economic hubs, meeting the demand for key infrastructure has been identified as a priority. Hear insights into assessing the benefits of utilizing the private sector to deliver better quality ICT, infrastructure, logistics and import/export trade in an efficient manner.
- Seyoum Bereded – Samuel CEO Consopia Consulting Services Ltd./President of ICT Association Ethiopia (Presenter)
- Reuben Ahronee – CEO. Massida Group. (Panelist)
- Dahir Hussein – Head of Finance, Ericsson Telecommunications (East Africa). (Panelist).
- Munir Duri – CEO, Kifiya ICT (Ethiopia). (Panelist)
11.45 – 12.00 Break
12.00 – 13.45 Business to Business networking and Lunch.
14.00 – 14.45 Business Leaders Panel Session III – Power, Energy, Agriculture, Mining and Livestock opportunities in Africa
B2B discussion Panel: The aim of the panel is to give a detailed insight the issues facing power and energy as it begins to gain a foothold in Africa and the possible solutions that will help that develop into something more substantial. What are the existing and future opportunities in Africa? Keeping up with Africa’s growing energy demand and discuss alternative solutions. Agriculture in Africa has undergone fundamental changes. The aim of this section is to analyze the performance of Africa’s agricultural sector over the past and to compare certain aspects of agriculture in African regions with those in other parts of the world.
- Henok Assefa – Managing Partner, Precise Consult International; USAID Agribusiness Incubator. (Presenter).
- Craig Bridgman – Executive Chairman of East Africa Oil Field Services and Founder of Adamantine Energy (Kenya). (Panelist).
- Hussian Bin Jama Al Ishaqi – Acting CEO, Oman Oil (Panelist).
14.45 – 15.15 Wrap Up by ABF Organizers and Partner awards.
15.15 – 16.30 Business to Business Networking Meetings over afternoon coffee.
In order to facilitate additional networking opportunities at the Africa Business Forum, we are making space available during the conference for participants to network with others businessmen and women from the same sectors. These sessions are usually highly interactive, informal and informative addressing key interests and issues.
6,30pm *Traditional Ethiopian Dinner (coupon holders).
Special Guests present at our last meeting on 17th Oct 2015 at Dubai World Trade Center Tower:
* Sara Carmody – Legal Director for Addleshaw Goddard (Middle East & Africa) LLP
* Darren Harris – Managing Associate for Addleshaw Goddard (Middle East & Africa) LLP
Leading international law firm, Addleshaw Goddard’s Africa Business Group will be presenting the ‘Investment Potential of Africa’ at the Africa Business Forum in Dubai on 17 Oct 2015. Addleshaw Goddard have for many years advised multinational companies such as Diageo, British American Tobacco and Britvic on their African requirements. They are part of the Sub-Saharan Africa Task Force, a business-led initiative chaired by the UK Minister of State for Trade and Investment and backed by UK Prime Minister, David Cameron, and are the only law firm among the UK businesses which comprise the Task Force.
- Mansoor Al Habbai – Head of International Alliances, Dubai Exports – Dubai, UAE Government.
- Mohammed Rasheed Al Marzooqi – Senior Manager, Dubai Exports – Dubai, UAE Government.
- Eissa Al Sheebani – Director, AFZA International, Ajman Freezone, Dubai, UAE.
- Mahmoud Farouk Zein – Head of Business, Ajman Freezone Authority, Dubai, UAE Government.
- H.E. Kedir Gethaun – Deputy Consul General of the Federal Republic of Ethiopia, UAE.
- H.E Mr. Babatunde. T. Shonubi, Minister, Consulate General of Nigeria, UAE.
- H.E. Ambassador Gcina Dlamini, Embassy of Swaziland, UAE.
- Ton Van Doremalen – Tax Director, Ernst & Young Middle East.
- Dahir Hussien – Regional Business Finance Director, Ericsson Telecommunications (Middle East & Africa).
- M.J. Benny – Investment Promotion, Consulate General of Federal Republic of Ethiopia, UAE.
- Counselor Mr. Donald Mazibuko, Embassy of Swaziland, UAE.
- Florent Andre Bailly – Vice President, Crocs footwear Inc (Asia, Africa, Mid-east).
- Abdulrahman Ahmed – CEO, Kenya – UK Investment Group.
- Ian Antrobus – Regional Director ME&Africa, Fircroft Oil & Gas Recruitment.
- AJ Karwa – Business Director, Fircroft Oil & Gas Recruitment.
- Lauren Harrison – Legal Counsel, Fircroft Oil & Gas Recruitment.
- Paulo Mauricio – Executive Chairman, Fircroft Oil & Gas Recruitment Angola.
- Abdi Mohamed – Senior Account Manager, Royal Bank of Canada.
- Geoffrey White – CEO, Agility Africa.
- William Stenhouse – Vice President Africa, Agility.
- Paul Okaru – CEO, Sub-Sahara Africa Ventures.
- Abdisalam Ibrahim – Head of International Investments, Hanvard Africa.
- Sanches Diamantino – CEO, Clear Global International for Angola.
- Ian Gaitta – Partner, Africa Legal Network.
- Mohammed Zakir Quraishi – Partner, Baker Tilly JFC consultancy.
- Ebere Ihetu – Managing Director, ENA Consulting.
- Haitham M. ALAINI – President, Griffin Group.
- Sanjeev Verma – Director, Intelligent Partners.
- Mohamoud Dualeh – Head of Banking Products, Alizz Islamic Bank.
- Oyun-Erdene Byambadorj – Manager, Oriental Group.
- Ashish Sachdeva – Managing Director, Svara Trading.
- Joshy Ouseph – Commercial Manager, Essel Group ME.
- Mohamed Ibrahim Yassin – CEO Daallo Airlines, National carrier of Republic of Djibouti.
- Danil Bornventure – Managing Director, FittHPC.
- Sylvia Youssef – Managing Consultant, How 2 UAE.
- Daria Perlei – Director, Nature Theme.
- Atif Warriach – Mashal Al Zarooni Chartered Accountants.
- Fahmi Ahmed – Chairman, Pathways Global.
- Rajiv Singh – CEO, Coco Veda Natural Products.
- Ahmed Ali – Managing Director, World Wide Trading East Africa.
- Abdallah Ali – Founder, Halal Strategy.
- Pranav Nallat – Executive, Esc Al Sharafi Steel.
- Altaf Rhemtulla – CEO, Computron Distribution.
- Mr. B. P. Dalmia – Chairman, Resources and Commodities International.
- Sapna Thakkar – Senior Manager, Venus Petrochemicals Middle East.
- Mehul Goradia – Manager, Minerva Middle East.
- Saby Dut Dutt – Managing Director, Seafood Middle East.
- Abhijit Jayaswal – General Manager, Sea Port Technologies.
- Marianna Camara – Managing Partner, Tandem International Network.
- Sreejith Menon – Manager, Juno Enterprises.
- Mohamed Salem – CEO, Sico Middle East.
- Christina Scurville – Director, Chambers Business & Management Advisory.
- Darrin Raniga – Director, The Valuator Group.
- Pradeep Padmanabhan – Director, OBS Group.
- Sam Malik – Managing Director, The PR Professionals.
- Dawda Jawara – Head of Africa Practice, Clyde & Co.
- Royal Luthra – Managing Director, Ashoka Paints.
- Andrew Ward – Director, Affric Infrastructure Advisory.
- Samer Solh – CFO, Enerwhere Solar.
- Mahmoud Kasil – Senior Manager, Bayer (Germany) Pharmaceuticals.
- Padmaja Nambiar – Managing Director, Juran Consultants.
- Awaab Eltahir – MD Global Trading.
- Kaltun Mohamed – Operations Director, TAHPI Pty Ltd.
- Mustapha Handule – Operations Director, Hematrade.
- Shukri Jamaludin – Operations Manager, Skylight Cargo Services.
- Abdullahi Hassan – Business Manager, ADL Law.
- Ayaana Farah – Consultant, McCone Properties.
- Hatim Salih – Director, OGS Trading.
- Selamawit Asefaw – Managing Director, Biseha.
- Saifelyazal El Fadl – General Manager, OGS Trading.
- Osama Abdalla Gahalla – CEO, OGS Trading.
- Ayman Massoud – CEO, OBS Group.
- Negash Yassin – MD, Nacha International.
- M.F Imran – Assistant Manager – Griffin International
- Zeyad Almajed – Chief Strategy, OBS Group
- Deepak Tulsian – Trading Manager – MIDSTAR FZE
- and many more….